Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

I've finally taken the plunge to 4E

It's official, I've finally bought some 4E materials.  I swung by Borders the other night and picked up the Rules Compendium, Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms, Heroes of the Fallen Lands, Monster Vault and Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale.



I'll probably be de-listed by the Old Skool blogs, even though I still like to game that way.  But I've played it now a few times over the last year and a half and it isn't as bad as some make it out to be.  I'd rather play 4E than not be able to find anyone to play an older edition.

4 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. Right now, I've found a group that wants to play 4E. So I'll play some 4E. It's not what I'd prefer to play, but I'll play it for now and see if I can get them interested in something I'd rather be playing later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay. I forgive you and stuff. The only thing I'd suggest in addition would be the Dungeon Master's Kit.

    Er . . . not that I would know.

    ;)

    - Ark

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all good! 4E is a fine system. I've written a good amount on running 4E games with an old-school style over at packofgnolls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Arkhein - Yeah, I'm heading to another Borders in the area to see if I can find the DMK and any other Essentials goodies. Borders has rpgs @ 25% discount and I get an additional 10% discount because we have a Borders account (I also have a Borders e-reader purchased in December, but that is another matter); so 35% off if I can find anything. If that doesn't pan out, I'm heading over to the FLGS to fill in the missing items.

    @Sully - I will gladly visit and steal, er, borrow ideas from you.

    ReplyDelete