Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Unbreaking the Interwebs and beyond

It took me a few days and another call to Verizon FIOS tech support* and I got my router reset and then was able to fiddle for a few more days and got my port forwarding correct to handle Fantasy Grounds II.

Now I just need to figure out how to populate a character sheet!  I'm sure I'll figure it out, it is just a pain to figure out so much crap.  Just like when I used to know the DOS commands and knew how to manually use Lotus123, todays' users understand all of the hotkeys.  I'll have to print out a few cheat sheets and post them around my desk for help.

I'm trying to join a Sunday evening game and I've posted for interest about a Wednesday night game on both the FGII forums and over at Pen and Paper Games.

Plus I found a very nice retro-clone game for free call Dark Dungeons.  I'll post more later, as I'm still on the clock.  :)


* Verizon FIOS tech support is generally good and my biggest gripe is the automated system at the beginning of the call; I have no complaints about the techs themselves.  (Note Verizon - If you like that friendly plug, how about a little donation my way?  :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment