Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Long time no update.

Life can suck.  Especially when you have to work to pay the bills and that interfers with having fun.

Since the last time I posted, I've joined a group and played 4E for the first time.  I've realized that Friday nights aren't good - I'm too tired after a long week of work and coaching my daughter's LAX team.  Discussed having the group move to another day - the DM's wife wasn't happy with Friday nights either as her schedule on Fridays and Saturdays interferred.  Then we decided to switch to Saturdays and before we could play a Saturday game, I realized that my wife had a problem with a weekly Saturday early afternoon game.

So I had to drop the 4E group. 

I have to say that my only complaint about D&D 4E is the non-human-centric nature of the setting.  I don't think one of the 7 characters were human and I also believe there were only two characters that shared a race.  The sad part about the two elves, only one liked being and elf and the other was shape-shifted as a dog most of the time.

This is one of the reasons why I don't care for high fantasy too much any more.

I just purchased Fantasy Grounds II the other night and will spend some time learning it this weekend and post more shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment